Spring Break 2016!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Before we head to break let's celebrate our music theory knowledge.
Study up!!!! We will begin shortly....
Tomorrow , we will have a celebration of knowledge on the music theory concepts that we have been working on.
1. Rhythm Reading and Identification up to Level 3a
2. Major Scale Construction/Identification
3. Triad Identification/Construction
4. Chord Inversion/Construction
5. Chord Quality Identification by ear
Which of these topics do you feel least confident in?
1. Identify the following chord (for example, C major triad 1st inversion)
2. What is the name of this chord in the key of C (Roman Numeral)?
3. What is the name of this chord in the key of F (roman Numeral)?
Happy 331st Birthday Bach!!!
What are the notes in the iii chord in the key of C?
What is the order of the notes from the above chord when played in 2nd inversion?
Performance Practice Time!!!
I will be coming around to check last weeks bell ringers and practice logs.
What is the root of the IV in the key of C?
What is the 3rd of the vi chord in the key of C?
Ear Training Time!
What are the steps to figuring out diatonic chords when you are given a key and a Roman numeral?
Ear Training Time!!!
Identify the Quality of these Five Chords.
After grading the rhythm quiz, the performing 8th notes and 16th notes was the biggest challenge. Write in the counts and circles for the rhythm below. After you have written it down, practice performing it...
Mr. Levy/ Mr. Baglione
Your Fearless leaders