Spring Break 2016!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Before we head to break let's celebrate our music theory knowledge.
Study up!!!! We will begin shortly....
Tomorrow , we will have a celebration of knowledge on the music theory concepts that we have been working on.
1. Rhythm Reading and Identification up to Level 3a
2. Major Scale Construction/Identification
3. Triad Identification/Construction
4. Chord Inversion/Construction
5. Chord Quality Identification by ear
6. Cadence Identification by ear.
Which of these topics do you feel least confident in?
Ear Training Practice
1. Identify the following chord: (for example, C major Triad Root Position)
2. What is this chord in the Key of D (Roman numeral)?
3. What is this chord in the key of G (Roman numeral)?
Ear Training (Chord Quality)
Happy 331st Birthday Bach!!!!
What is the 5th of the iii in the key of D?
Ear Training Time....
What is the Quality of the Chord that is being played?
(Google Form for Answers)
Performance Practice Time!!!!
I will come around and check the practice logs and bell ringers from last week.
What is the 3rd of the V chord in C?
What is the 5th of the vi chord in F?
What is the 3rd of the IV chord in G?
Train them Ears....
Let us play the pianos!
Cadence Ear Training
Let's listen to these five cadences and see if we can identify them by ear.
Notate an "Authentic Cadence" in the key of C. Make sure to use smooth voice leading (You should be able to play the chords with out shifting your hands. i.e. notes are not far apart on the staff)