Tuba Fingering Chart
Tuba Technique Guide
- Corners show a slight pout; pucker lips slightly; center of the chin is relaxed.
- Drawn chin muscles downward.
- Mouthpiece is placed in the horizontal center of the embouchure.
- Mouthpiece is placed ½ upper and ½ lower lip within the rim of the mouthpiece.
- Teeth are slightly separated
- LH - Hand steadies tuba on player’s lap, gripping the tubing across the front.
- RH - Thumb is in the ring on the 1st valve casing; Pinky rests on 4th valve cap or sits relaxed.
- RH - Wrist is straight and relaxed.
- RH - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fingers are curved in a “C” with the flesh on the valve caps.
- Both hands - Elbows are free from the body; tuba sits at a slight angle.
Embouchure by Arnold Jacobs (Tuba God)
Breathing by Arnold Jacobs