Percussion Technique Guide
- Tips of the mallets/sticks contact the bar/head in a place that maximizes the tone of the instrument.
- Arms and wrists move freely and evenly.
- Rolls are open and use a double bounce when appropriate.
- Instrument is struck in a manner that draws the tone out. Proper sticking patterns are utilized.
- Thumbs and index fingers grip the mallets/sticks approximately ⅓ from the end show a little stick in between.
- Fingers 3,4, and 5 curl around gently
- Stick butt goes down the center of the palm
- The top of the hand faces the ceiling
- Wrists are flexible and held in front of the body.