Are the following chords in root position or not in root position? Also identify and label each chords, "Root" (1), "3rd", and "5th"
1. Label each note
2. Locate notes on the Order of 3rds and circle them
3. The left most note in the group of three is the root; the middle note is the 3rd; and the right most note is the 5th
Triad inversions... Let's give them names
1. Identify notes and inversion types
2. Double check with a partner
3. Go to pianos and play it. Have a friend listen and make suggestions for improvement.
Your Fearless leader